Why this plate? Because it is much more than a smaller plate with lines as most portion plates will turn out to be. The Portion Perfection Plate holds a measured portion. There's an instruction booklet with the plate that describes how much of the plate to fill and how deep to fill it. There are two different serving sizes indicated on the plate because men and women have different needs. Women fill just the base of the plate and men fill out to the edge.
The Portion Perfection plates also open you up to additional support. The creator of Portion Perfection (Amanda Clark) is an award winning dietitian with 25 years experience. To further develop your options there's a portion bowl, a pictorial guide book because not everything you eat goes on a plate - think cereal and snacks, and there's a recipe book with realistic pictures of realistic portions for your needs.
There's additional support available from the team at Portion Perfection via their Facebook Page so you're never alone.The Portion Perfection Plate is a practical tool for men, women and children. The plate shows markings to guide the type of food to make up a main meal and the words around the plate relate to conscious eating which is a strategy for feeling satisfied on the smaller portion.
Available in porcelain and malemine (see special note about malemine below).
Special Notes when Selecting the Malemine Version
Melamine is not suitable for microwave heating, or for the serving of very high temperature foods such as fried foods and boiling soups.
Melamine Product Care Tips:
• Cleaning should take place promptly and on a regular basis to avoid staining.
• Do not use harsh or abrasive cleansers, steel wool, or metal pot scrubbers/scouring pads to clean.
• Use only plastic pads or plastic-type bristle scrubbers to remove dried food.
• Do not use chlorine bleach or chlorine-based products on melamine products.
• For best results, use a high-alkaline base solution for regular dishwashing.